Tuesday, March 17, 2009

London under snow

When I was about to land in London on assignment last year, I was told that climate here could get very cold.
But no one ever told me that I could see snowfall. It happenned one day, that I started for office, without knowing what lay in store for me, until I stepped out.







Well, I was shocked to say the least, but then I had some important meetings to attend and I did not have net connection at that time to work from home.
So I got dressed and adequately protected (at least that is what I thought and started to office).
The roads were full with snow with no one was actually seen on road.
Thankfully one lady, who was tying to scrap off snow from her car screen, told me to go home as there were no buses plying.
It seems this was the first time in last 15 years, that there was snowfall in London. All normal work came to a standstill and UK faced a lot of loss in this time of recession.

Well we enjoyed the unplanned holiday, and took some photos in and around our house.


No comments: