Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Shankars at Madam Tasssauds

Well, thought its been a long time since I provided any inputs to the blog, so started to write this post. but as with lot of people like me, we are not sure what to write to make the topic interesting.

I looked at my laptop and searched for some photos and found these. These were taken some two months back when I visited Madam Tasssauds museum.
To start with I am not the best person to face a camera and give poses.
Moreover I did not know that we need to give poses to make these stars look real.

So I just stood alongside "The Rock" - the WWF star as I knew him.

Though I did not like him much in my childhood, could not resist the chance to take a snap along with him.

More so when people were taking snaps with stars even without knowing who they were.

Guess they were hoping that when they show it around at least others will recognise them.



My Wife Purnima, who has learnt dancing in her childhood, tried to show me how to give pose with stars and make them look original.



Not sure how much she succeded in making ASH look original, but still I found the photo to be quite funny.

I know she is gong to kill me for putting this Photo.




Well, I also tried some and these were the results.















































Some of Purnima's better photos...... Else she will not give me food.

3 comments:

GVK said...

Nice post. Just the kind of stuff that would make the blog livelier and to get to know ones relatives better, and more meaningfully.

As for me, I am getting to see a new you, Shankar. Mami saw Poornima's picture. Her hunch is 'it would be a girl'. If you can tell the gender of the child to be, by looking at an expectant mother, why do we need scanner?

Shankar Govindan said...

Mama,
Even I and Purnima are of the view that it would be a girl (rather we are hoping it would be a girl).
But Purnima's parents are expecting a boy.Nt sure about my parents though.
Well Mami sure needs to be present at the hospitals here. Here also they are not ready to scan the mother and only by touching are able to tell the status of the child. :-))

Uma said...

Hey, great photos.. i didn't know that you guys had visited Madam Tussauds... Purnima looks really cool with Ash..!! And, you are rocking, Shanks...!! Mama, you are right.. this one is quite a lively blog..