Tuesday, September 9, 2008

It's a family brag-log

It was Geetha's idea. It happened when we - my wife and I - made an unscheduled stop-over at her Edison,NJ, residence the other day. A mother of two school-going girls, Geetha is the wife of my cousin Sreedhar. For someone, far younger to me, and with whom I have not had much contact, Sreedhar and his wife received us with such warmth and affection that made me feel guilty for not having made any attempt to stay in touch with them.
Sreedhar said tried to get our US address (to invite us to NJ) when he learnt from his from his father (my uncle Annakutty mama) in Mumbai that we were now visiting the US. Neither his dad, nor his uncles and aunts in Pollachi were wiser about the whereabouts of my son Ravi in California.Sreedhar and Geetha, who haven't met Ravi and my daughter-in-law Meera, asked if I had their photo. This opened up for me an opportunity to brag about my grandsons - Nikhil, nine months; and Siddarth, 32 months.

I would like to think that Purely Personal, the blog, set Geetha thinking about family networking. She expressed the need educate her daughters about their family roots. "We need a family blog," said Geetha.The idea is to connect the unconnected in the family; to bring closer members of our Pollachi clan, distanced not merely geographicallly but also because of lack of information about one another.

No comments: