Monday, July 20, 2009

The London Apples

The first thing which amazed my mother in London was not the London roads or the airport or any building, as I had expected, but its the small Garden which my house owner has in the backyard.
My mother has been so much impressed of the Apple tree that drops apples every now and then that she showed childlike enthusiasm in taking snaps of the tree with apples and sending it across.

My house owner's mother, an old lady in her 70s, takes much care to keep the garden clean. She cleaned the Garden by collecting all the fallen apples and keeping them separate, much to Amma's displeasure.

Amma also was not left far behind and again collected all the Apples and spread them below the apple tree.

Purnima who also ably assisted her mother in law in collecting the apples, is seen having her morning coffee below the pear tree....

while father in law is looking after Sahasra.

The other thing which interested or I must say hurt my parents was how old furniture was being wasted in London. After seeing the old sofa kept at the backyard of our neighbours, Appa already was planning how to take the Sofa to India......

No comments: